Ginkgo Biloba Facial Mist Therapeutic Refresher
Nestled in the arms of the valley of Table Mountain grows a beautiful ancient and rare Ginkgo biloba tree. It is from this living fossil, this tree of knowledge and cleansing that the quintessential essence of the leaf is extracted and forms the foundation of Dr Swainston Ginkgo Biloba Facial Mist Therapeutic Refresher.
This extraordinary terroir of the Cape Town city bowl is bathed in the purest winds from the Antarctic that have caressed the slopes of Table Mountain and its unique floral kingdom, one of only six floral kingdoms of the world, collecting the energy and essence of the fynbos flora as it flows. This is the air that feeds the Ginkgo tree that produces the extract for the facial mist. And yet, the tree has stood strong and firm in the middle of bustling city life, immune to the toxins of industry and fumes, this is the adaptability and resilience that this facial mist will impart to you. The facial mist production process is partly from freshly handpicked Ginkgo leaves that are gently transfused into pure spring water according to the Bach Flower method.
Gingko biloba benefits for skin include potent antioxidant protection, skin-soothing effects, increased skin-hydration, and significant anti-aging defense.
The benefits for the body as a whole are numerous. Firstly it is a brain tonic so it improves all functions of the brain which then has a positive impact on every single cell in the body and has been used successfully to help people with learning difficulties and dyslexia to preventing the onset of senility. (see the picture of the therapeutic function of Ginkgo biloba in the Materia Medica here attached)
Ingredients: Ginkgo biloba extract, aqua, glycerin vegetable-based. No additives, preservatives, artificial chemicals of any kind.
Here are 13 benefits of Ginkgo biloba:
- Contains powerful antioxidants
- Reduces inflammation
- Improves circulation and heart health
- Improves mental conditions, dementia
- Enhances brain function and wellbeing
- Improves oxygen and glucose utilization by the tissues
- Reduces anxiety
- Treats depression
- Supports vision and eye health
- Treats headaches and migraines
- Can improve asthma
- Treats sexual dysfunction in men
- Reduces PMS symptoms
Benefits of use:
- Hydrates the skin instantly
- Useful for acne prone skin
- Sets makeup beautifully
- Improves absorption of other skincare products like moisturizers, serums, etc
- Refreshes and uplifts tired and dull skin
When and how to use:
- In place of a toner after cleansing
- For an any time of day pick-me-up
- To set your makeup
- While on a long journey, especially flying, which dehydrates the skin
- Just before bed
- Apply 3 to 4 times daily to the whole face and as the fine spray hydrates your face breathe in deeply from the nose.
- In the case of heightened stress or exam nerves it can be used more frequently.
Proceeds fund the @tablemontagne Botanical Therapeutics and Cape Floral Kingdom Conservation Educational Project.